Research has shown that it is best for toddlers and kids to go barefoot as much as possible to allow their feet to develop and strengthen from an early age. However, there are many situations where it is not possible nor safe to go without shoes. Leguano Barefoot Shoes has designed shoes especially for kids called Leguanitos. These adorable shoes are not only stylish but also provide many health benefits for a growing child.
Let’s check out the top reasons that Leguanito Barefoot Shoes are great for kids.
- Leguanito Barefoot Shoes are a minimalist shoe that allows the foot to move naturally. A thin sole lets the foot move through a full range of motion, activating and strengthening all the muscles and ligaments. Feet will remain flexible helping to prevent injuries.
- The thin sole lets kids feel the ground beneath them. The child can adjust their movement based on what they feel beneath them. Leguanitos can help improve their balance and stability.
- The zero-drop sole, meaning the heel and ball of the foot are the same distance from the ground, keeps the body in proper alignment. This gives the child better posture and helps them develop a natural walking and running gait.
- A wide toe box fits the shape of a child’s foot, letting the toes spread out naturally. This sturdier base can provide improved stability and possible fewer falls.
- A flexible woven upper material is breathable for kids sweaty feet and they are so light weight that they will even forget they have shoes on!
- The Leguanito shoe provides protection for the feet on unsafe surfaces. Although the sole is very thin, it offers amazing protection from hot, slippery, and rough surfaces and prevents injuries that can occur from stepping on sharp objects like rocks, sticks and even broken glass! The shoes protect the feet from insect stings and exposure to bacteria and fungus.
- Kids get into all kinds of messes such as mud puddles and dirt piles. Leguanitos are machine washable! Simply throw in a laundry bag on a gentle cycle and air dry. The quick drying shoes will be ready for their next adventure!
Traditional shoes can be restricting for growing feet. They tend to have a thick rigid sole, a stiff upper and are too narrow for a child’s foot. This can lead to injuries and hinder proper foot development. Let your child’s feet grow naturally, with no restrictions in a pair of Leguanitos. Kids likely won’t care what all the health benefits are, but they sure will love how comfortable these shoes are!
Check them out at Here.