Barefoot sneakers, also known as minimalist or barefoot running shoes, are a type of footwear designed to mimic the experience of running or walking barefoot while still providing some protection and support for the feet. These shoes are designed to promote a more natural and minimalistic style of running or walking by allowing the feet to move more freely and encouraging a forefoot or midfoot strike, as opposed to the heel striking common in traditional running shoes.
- Thin Soles: Barefoot sneakers typically have thin and flexible soles that provide minimal cushioning and allow the wearer to feel the ground beneath their feet.
- Wide Toe Box: Many barefoot shoes have a wider toe box, allowing the toes to spread out and move more naturally.
- Minimal Arch Support: These shoes usually have little to no arch support to encourage the natural arches of the feet to engage.
- Zero Drop: Most barefoot sneakers have a "zero-drop" design, meaning that the heel and forefoot are at the same level. This promotes a more neutral and natural foot position.
- Lightweight: They are generally lightweight and have a simple design to reduce interference with natural foot movement.
The idea behind barefoot sneakers is to promote a more natural gait and foot motion, which some believe can help reduce the risk of injuries and improve overall foot strength and mobility. However, it's important to note that transitioning to barefoot or minimalist footwear should be done gradually, as it may require a period of adjustment for your feet and lower legs.
Leguano Barefoot Shoes has just introduced the Go-Kiwi, a minimalist version of a trendy high-top sneaker. The GOs are made using an advanced knitting pattern that provides:
– A more wear-resistant and long-lasting sneaker
– Air holes so your feet can breathe (especially in hot weather)
– A padded tongue under the laces for added comfort
As always, the sole is made with high-tech Lifolit® to simulate the feeling of walking barefoot. These thin, flexible soles allow you to walk with nothing restricting the movement of your feet or preventing them from sensing the earth, just the feeling of pure, natural freedom! Their sophisticated and lively appearance make them the perfect GO-to for casual occasions and tackling your day-to-day missions.